Planning a trip to Northwest Florida? What are you looking forward to the most? Before you hammer out the details of your vacation, you should check out these great sites to help you plan!
1. SoWal.com – SoWal.com is not really a blog, per se. It’s an all-encompassing website that has tips, tricks and insider information on what to do (and where to eat) when visiting sunny Walton county. Their handy events calendar can help you plan out what activities to participate in when you are visiting the area. Their most recent post “Roads Less Traveled in South Walton” is a great piece with beautiful photography that describes the stunning outdoor beauty of Walton County. Whether you are looking for a hiking trail or an award winning restaurant, SoWal.com can help you make the most of your vacation.
2. 30A.com – If you don’t recognize the blue sticker on the back of all of your neighbors’ cars, you obviously haven’t been to Walton County yet. A recent post titled “30 Tips from 30A Locals” is a must read for new visitors to the area. With everything from when to visit the grocery store, to highly recommending visiting our Coastal Dune lakes, 30A locals fessed up some of the best insider information to help you maximize your time on the beach.
3. 30aeats.com – 30aeats.com is all things food on 30A – which is a lot of things. New restaurants, food festivals, recipes, secrets, magic – 30aeats.com has it all. Plus, they have nifty give-away contests every now and again, which make reading a blog that much more fun!
4. destinfun.com – The dining section of DestinFun.com is a great place to scope out where to eat in the Destin/South Walton area! Be sure to check out their recent post on The Craft Bar that recently opened on Grand Boulevard. The Craft Bar, A Florida Gastropub us a fantastic new addition to the Grand Boulevard family. Be sure to try a unique cocktail off of their drink menu when you go! I myself am partial to the Kentucky Mule which was a great take on a traditional Moscow Mule.
5. ilovedestin.com – If you are looking for event and activity planning, then ilovedestin.com is a great place to find out what is happening in the area. In addition to highlighting special events in the area, they also cover fishing charters, dinner cruises, and other day activities for you to enjoy.
6. visitsouthwalton.com – The ‘Tips & Trips’ page on visitsouthwalton.com is a great place to get practical information on how to have the most fun participating in all of the activities that South Walton has to offer. They’ll even help you pick out your outfits to the bevy of Wine Festivals that are around the corner in April! Whether you are looking to find out where to listen to great music or what beach to visit during Spring Break, visitsouthwalton.com is a phenomenal tool to help you out!
And hey, don’t forget about us too! We want to connect you to the tools you need to make the most of your time here in the area. What was your favorite blog post? Did we miss anything? Let us know!